Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

no modem in Redhat Linux 8?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: no modem in Redhat Linux 8??

Re:no modem in Redhat Linux 8??

you got me lost on this. It's not my bed time but i feel like hitting the bed because you got me all confused.

I am sorry, but I do not know how to make it easier to understand. Where did you got confused?

It won't let me delete none of the lines. I tryed using the backspace and delete key. It still won't let me delete it. I even tryed the same way if i was using a vi command by hitting shift "I". Why won't it let me delete the line?? Please reply back. Thanks.

I hate vi. It it way hard to use. This will tell you how to use vi. However, I personally just download pico, because is so much easier to use. Or, if you can get inside X(Gnome, KDE, etc.,) use a graphical editor to edit it.

(If you download pico, it is compressed as a Z file. You need to decompress it by doing gunzip -d filename, then move it to /bin, by doing mv filename /bin/pico. Filename=downloaded file's name.

I'm telling you when you told me to open makefile with a text editor. It won't let me delete the first line. I just said vi for an example because i tryed to do the same thing in the text editor as i would do in vi. I went shift "I". I wanted to see can i delete the first line. It would not delete the line for me. I don't know what to do. Please reply back. Thanks.

The only thing i can think of is that the text editor you are using might be based on vi. Can you try something like KWrite or kate, or gEdit?
    Are you trying to edit it as root?

I'm trying to use text editor under Redhat start button/ Accessories. I don't know any other editors in Redhat 8. Can you tell me where there is another editor in Redhat Linux 8??

I just looked in Redhat and there was no other editor just text editor.

If you go to Start>accessories, do you see anything called Kate or Kword?
    The text editor is Kate, just misnamed. Do you get that problem with that ext editor?
    Are you logged in as root?

No i did not see anything like that. The only way i know how to log in as root is when i open the terminal. What is the different ways that i can log in as root besides using the terminal window?? I will tell you what i seen under accessories.

calculator
    character
    file roller
    pilot/handspring tool
    text editor

That's all i seen. Please reply back. Thanks.