Thread: Heard of this software?

Heard of this software?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has heard about a piece of software called Synergy found here I have the windows server running just fine but unfortunately I cannot get the client in linux to work with the windows server.

Anyway the premise behind the whole thing is that you can controll X number of PCs with X number of monitors and 1 set of keyboard and mouse... or if you have a video switcher you could run X number of computer with 1 monitor, of course X is based on the number of video inputs that the switcher can handle.

If anyone has any luck, if you try it out... please let me know!

Thanx,
    Ryan

Good Guru

Re:Heard of this software?

hey, that was detailed in the last two Linux Journals !

Slick program, but I havent tried it yet. what are you getting stuck on?

Well not sure exactly... It seems as though I got it to connect to the windows box but it would not send the mouse over to the other machine... I'm not sure what to do... because right now it is an ABSOLUTE PAIN to switch the keyboard and mouse everytime I want to use the other pc... And my boss gave me a pretty nice 17" monitor. I just need an easier way to test this thing out other than unplugging it from windows and pluggin it into my linux box2.

I think that this program on my windows box makes the PS/2 ports hot swapable... because each time I unplug them and then plug them back in when I'm done on the other box they work fine... I thought that that was weird!!

Good Guru

Hmmm. Allright, I guess I will have to download it and try it. That also means I will have to fix X on my server ;D I borked it after changing AGP cards. I havent cared to fix it since I can use VNC to do anything in X (if its needed). Anyway I will try to get this installed and working.

Oh man that would be great. Maybe we could make a pet of it too... I think this piece of software is/should be really nice if we can get it to work!!

PS
    I think I may have to officially announce that I am a RH whore

sounds similar to x2vnc

i've used x2vnc and x2x and they work nicely, haven't done it for more than 2 computers though, but i imagine it would work... maybe only if the main monitor was in the center of the others...

Did anyone get this working? I gave up... I could get it to loop back on itself in windows but I could not get it to do a client server relationship between the 2 :-\ It would have been REALLY nice.