Thread: Playing house

Playing house

Something I've been waiting for, for around 2 years now - my gf and I was offered an apartment, we are second on the list to get it.. So the chances are quite low that we will get this one - but that would indicate that we get a first listing soon (a month or so) and then we have a home.

The rent is nice and low, and it's a near the center of town - about 5 mins walk from her school. Ample shopping is also right outside the door.

Only downside is that my gf has been acting completely bitchy towards me lately and I haven't figured out why yet.. women... *sigh*

If we get this place I will loose my internet on 1th of August btw. So untill we can afford some kind of cable I will be forced to use school computers to connect. That will suck, but money is tight since we didn't expect to get a place on this side of new year.

yes yes NGene,you can laugh at me now - afterall I've been teasing you for years with that r0x0ring 56k you have.

Re:Playing house

Playing house puts a lot of strain on a relationship, lovey.
    Tread carefully.

Loosing bandwith for a chick is totally not worth it.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=7265;start=0#66970 date=1056233875]
    Loosing bandwith for a chick is totally not worth it.
    [/quote]

I'm about to find out ain't I ?

Well, she needs internet for her school as well I do, so we will have to fit it in to the budget right after we finish buying the remaining funiture, and fixing up the place.

The rent is so low that I'm betting it's a dump we haven't seen it yet so.

Kind Mastermind

Sounds like a very sticky situation. I feel for you, man. I'm still without internet in my room. I'm giving it serious consideration, though (as in SDSL). I just don't want to fork over $105 just to get put on a waiting list that could be several months long ($50 a month). Dial-up sucks just as bad ($30 a month for 120 hours) not to mention the $80 deposit. I hate being without internet, but at least I've finally gotten settled in.

Good luck, lovey.

Associate

Ah. LoveChild and a "girl situation". It's been so long since I've been here, and yet nothing has changed...

Check my profile and look at my last 10 posts. You'll see we've definitely been down this path before...

[quote author=AmericanDroo link=board=14;threadid=7265;start=0#67162 date=1056487968]
    Ah. LoveChild and a "girl situation". It's been so long since I've been here, and yet nothing has changed...

Check my profile and look at my last 10 posts. You'll see we've definitely been down this path before...
    [/quote]

Women make up 49% of the population, so in all fairness they should cause around 50% of all my problems right?

Of course it seems everytime I get involved with one of them I end up with my heart in a million pieces -- Bad luck I guess, I mean they are not doing it on purpose I hope... that would be cruel.

Associate

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=7265;start=0#67163 date=1056488638]
    [quote author=AmericanDroo link=board=14;threadid=7265;start=0#67162 date=1056487968]

[/quote]

Women make up 49% of the population, so in all fairness they should cause around 50% of all my problems right?

Of course it seems everytime I get involved with one of them I end up with my heart in a million pieces -- Bad luck I guess, I mean they are not doing it on purpose I hope... that would be cruel.
    [/quote]

Your math doesn't work. If you spend 12 hours a day with your gf that's 50% of your problems right there. And of course, every time you're not with her, she'll get mad at you so that's another 50%. See how it all adds up???

OK, OK I'm kidding around. Some ladies are cruel on purpose, some are cruel w/o intending to be. I think it's just a matter of getting to know her and not thinking she's the greatest thing in the world (in America the expression is "putting her on a pedestal&quot or expecting too much from her until you've spent a lot of time together and gotten to know each other well.

Your gf is probably being "bitchy" b/c you're talking about a change in your living situation. I realize everyone has their differences, but most of the women I've known are real big on stability and can act different when changes and transition come up. As coltrane said, "Playing house puts a lot of strain on a relationship, lovey." b/c it's such a big change. I've had lots of issues with my house lately so I can definitely confirm the truth of that.

My advice is to try to take the high road. If she's being bitchy, just suck it up and take it for the time being and if she really likes you she'll appreciate you for it in the long run. You can always get your revenge later when there's a huge pile of dirty dishes and you say "Remember what a bitch you were before we moved here?"