Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Windows Filesystem

Thread: Windows Filesystem

Advisor

Windows Filesystem

I wasn't sure if this should be in the windows forum or not, kuz it's filesystem more than windows but anyways...here goes.

I'm going to be installing windows XP soon (yes, I know it's sad, but I need to play games now that I'm getting a faster comp) and I'm wondering what filesystem to use. The default for XP is NTFS if I'm not mistaken, but iirc, linux can only do read-only for NTFS. So here's the real question, is there any real disadvantage to fat32? Since this is what I will most likely use due to the linux incompatability with NTFS.

Mentor

Re:Windows Filesystem

Just use FAT32. The only advantage of NTFS is having file permissions, that you won't really need in a single user desktop environment.

Advisor

Alright, that's excellent. I'll be using fat32 then. Thanks for the info.

fat32 can't handle big files i.e over 2 or 3 gb so if you ever buy a dvdburner you will get problems, that's where ntfs is better it can handle very large files.