Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you DC?

Do you DC?

I was just trying to get a feel for which project the LJrers out there are doing. I run FAH, doing GAH only work units.

Another reason for me asking this is I was thinking that maybe we could get a BIG LJr team going for some DC project we only have a couple people doing one or two projects. Let me know what you guys think. Is this a waste of my, and every one elses, time? Do you like the idea?

Thanx,
    Ryan

Re:Do you DC?

yes and sure!

I run Seti@home and folding@home on my 2.4ghz and then run f@h on my amd 1.3ghz computer back at home, im in the process of rebuilding my other 1.3ghz and p2/233mhz, i might have them dc too

F@H...a good cause, and they've come up with some real results so far.

I don't, simply for the reason that I have never checked into it.. It would be awfully easy to convince me to though..

I don't run anything at the moment ran genome before, me and my little duron 800 is ready for some crunching.

What do you mean by DC?

[quote author=C++freak link=board=22;threadid=6576;start=0#61893 date=1047586131]
    I don't, simply for the reason that I have never checked into it.. It would be awfully easy to convince me to though..
    [/quote]

http://folding.stanford.edu/

Really what it boils down to: download the executable, place it in its own directory, run it as background proc, forget about it. When you're not at your box you're helping a good cause, and when you are at your box the task is such low priority that it makes no difference. Something warm and fuzzy about knowing that I'm helping to understand the human genome by doing absolutely nothing.

So check it out. Even if you donate stats anonymously like I do, you're still helping the cause.

[quote author=1stSgt Bobert link=board=22;threadid=6576;start=0#61895 date=1047586443]
    What do you mean by DC?
    [/quote]

Distributed Computing. See link above for prime example.

Good Guru

I do F@H crunching G@H on all my three boxes. I used to have access to a network of boxes but not anymore as some of our members ( sadly ).

Also check out LJR CD teams for more info.