Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
The Norm...

Thread: The Norm...

The Norm...

Dear Norm Readers,

You may not know this yet, but Michael retired THE NORM. After eight years of battling the syndicate-newspaper corporations, he felt it was time to move on. It wasn't an easy decision, trust me.

Over the past few weeks I have read thousands of emails from fans expressing their sadness about the strip ending. This gave me an idea.

Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

If enough people became members of TheNorm.com, I think we can convince Michael to keep drawing the strip -- NEW STRIPS -- beginning on November 1. So, in the short-term, you would get to keep reading a comic strip you love and in the long-term, we just might change the world of comics.

Michael thinks I'm crazy, but I truly believe that together we can break the cycle of syndicates and newspaper editors determining what comic strips we read. If one syndicated cartoonist can break away successfully, then future creators might have a better chance of getting the respect they deserve from syndicates and newspapers. With the decline of newspaper readership, it is time to ask yourself, where will you find your favorite comics? If you really enjoy this comic, what is it worth to you? The price of a book? The price of 3 Starbuck mocha, choca, frosty, yummy coffees? The price of a pizza? The price of 2 movie tickets?

Here's the deal: He has given me 6 weeks to do this. We have until October 31, 2004 to reach our goal. So join today and don't forget to tell all your friends (and family too) because together we can start a revolution.

--Nicole
    aka "Reine"
    If you've ever read the norm in the comics, then like me you'll probably miss it....

Please visit http://thenorm.com and donate!! ( already did!! )

Never read it before. I am just glad inktank came back a couple of months ago. Funniest web comic out, IMHO.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7