Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

OK WTF is wrong with CDROMS in linux?

Thread: OK WTF is wrong with CDROMS in linux?

OK WTF is wrong with CDROMS in linux?

Why does it take liek 10 mins to copy 100megs off a goddamn CD? Im just so frustrated with this shit lately, everytime I get any new thing, my whole box sucks for like a month.....I boot up XP and all my shit works like tits.

What has happened to linux with these new kernels? They all suck, cdrom access uses like 99% cpu, cdrdao brings a dual 2.4 to a 3.00 load, its still copyin a 200meg tar file off a cd while I type this at about 800K.....

Re:OK WTF is wrong with CDROMS in linux?

Check if you have UDMA enabled on the cdrom.

the 2.4.21 kernel is nopt released yet - try using the older one.

Ok im calmed down a bit....But come on, dont any of you use cdrdao? NO matter what it uses 99% cpu and just destroys your whole computer......This only started happening around 2.4.18 or so......Same time that copying files off a CD drive to the HDD became so utterly slow. Its not me, its a kernel issue that annoys the hell outta me.

Cdrecord burns fine, but also cant burn bin/cue like cdrdao can.