Thread: Epiphany issues

Epiphany issues

Anyone had this problem before? Happens when I use both Galeon and Epiphany, making me think it might have something to do with embedded gecko. When I go to certain websites, I experience periodic browser lockups. My CPU goes to 100 and I have to kill the browser. Specifically happens for http://news.com.com/. Anyone else experienced this? Epiphany 0.6.1

Mentor

Re:Epiphany issues

Never used either of those browsers, but I've had it happen to me using Opera, and also using aMsn.
    CP

Yep, I've had this problem before with Mozilla and it was due to the animated images the website had on display. Once I set amimated images to loop only once in the preferences that problem went away.

Damn...epiphany doesn't give you that option! Well let's hope they fix it in moz 1.4

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=2;threadid=7175;start=0#66304 date=1054917862]
    Damn...epiphany doesn't give you that option! Well let's hope they fix it in moz 1.4
    [/quote]

GConf (gconf-editor)
    apps -> epiphany -> filtering -> animate_type might help but it's not described at the moment.

I run the cvs version btw. and that page you mentioned looks and acts just fine for me.

if you are in Gentoo, www.breakmygentoo.net has ebuilds, also the storage for my GNOME 2.3.x development ebuilds, I have 2.3.3 ebuilds out as we speak - I even beat the developers announcement