Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to check GTK+

Thread: How to check GTK+

How to check GTK+

I'm using Slackware 9.0 and thought I installed most everything to compile programs. I'm trying to install Gaim-0.63 and during the ./configure portion, I received this error message looking at the config.log.

configure:13662: error:
    *** GTK+ 2.0 is required to build Gaim; please make sure you have the GTK+
    *** development headers installed. The latest version of GTK+ is
    *** always available at http://www.gtk.org/.

How do I check to find out if GTK+ is installed and how do I check the version if it is installed?

This is the error message during the compilation:
    checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
    *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
    configure: error:

I did add Gnome as a desktop but really don't use it. I'm currently using KDE desktop!

Thnx.

Re:How to check GTK+

As root, use pkgtool. It will show all the packages installed.

Thanks for the reply...I looked at pkgtools and saw that GTK
    + 2.0 is installed but viewing all of the files, I didnt' see anything in /usr and /usr/bin. Should anything be in /usr/bin for GTK? There is plenty of other files listed there!

From inside pkgtool, select View, and then select GTK, and hit enter. It will show you what files are installed for it, and where.

Well, I went into Pkgtool and tried to reinstall GTK+, but when I select it and press the OK button, I'm taken out of pgktool and back to the command line. It will not let me do a install.

Anybody know what could be wrong?

Thnx.

I *think* that, if you have the package installed, you may need to remove it first before you can reinstall it.

Try from the command line doing removepkg pkgname and then [i]installpkg /pathtopackage/packagename[i]

where does it say GTK+ 2.0 is? my bet is that GTK+ 1.X is in /usr and GTK+ 2.0 is in /opt/gtk or something of the sort, so in order to get gaim to see it you'll need to set an enviroment variable:
    export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gtk/lib/pkgconfig

assuming /opt/gtk is where it is installed to.

after you do that then try compile gaim.

good luck

Thnx for the replies, but since then I've sold that computer! ;D