Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Mountainman cant afford broadband

Why Mountainman cant afford broadband

http://www.geocities.com/mountainmancentral/crv_1.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/mountainmancentral/crv_2.jpg
    Need I say more? Right click on the links and open or save like that. Geocities sucks nuts... >

Re:Why Mountainman cant afford broadband

Nice kids, nice neighborhood, though the SUV is a bit too soccer momish for my taste :

The suv rocks man. quintuple 5 start ratings, #6 on consumer reports top 50. 300 over invoice and 2.9% apr. Traveling to 10dedfish's house this summer is gonna be way more enjoyable in that.

Are those little Mountainkids?

Yep, those would be them. The tall one in back is Cassidy,7 and the short blonde destruction machine in front is Laney, 1.5 .

Kind Mastermind

Nice! Very nice. Kids are freaking cool (maybe that's why I have four of them?!). The vehicle is a little small for my tastes, but it sure is nice looking. Plus, you got a great deal on it (that can't be beat). Sweetness.

you have a Mazda Protege too !!

yeah, thats the wife's piece o crap. I hate that car. To fully appreciate my new vehicle, you have to put yourself in my place. For the last 6 years, I have lived in Southern Mississippi where heat indexes hit in the 120's in the summer. With No AC!!! Mountainman needed some love...

SUVs are idiotic - gasgugglers and a very environmentally unfriendly means of transportation.

but what ever jerks your chain man.

Also, two cars per family - frankly I would rather have broadband than 2 cars, but then again I can't drive and my family has functioned just fine with just one small car for years - currently a Skoda Fabia btw, which happens to be a brilliant little car.

I like the family btw, they look nice - enjoy them instead of the car, that's my advice - they last longer.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=7140;start=0#66023 date=1054325595]
    SUVs are idiotic - gasgugglers and a very environmentally unfriendly means of transportation.

but what ever jerks your chain man.

Also, two cars per family - frankly I would rather have broadband than 2 cars, but then again I can't drive and my family has functioned just fine with just one small car for years - currently a Skoda Fabia btw, which happens to be a brilliant little car.

I like the family btw, they look nice - enjoy them instead of the car, that's my advice - they last longer.
    [/quote]

LC --

One car per family does not cut the mustard in the good old US of A, unless 1) one member of the family stays at home full time and has the means to drive the other member to and from work or 2) you live near a great public transportation system.

Now, as for option #2, public transportation in America sucks beyond all imaginable belief. This is a shame, but it is true. Only in a very few major US cities is public transportation really a viable solution. After that, you pretty much need one car per licensed driver in your household to get by.

I do agree SUVs are gasaholics. But Mountainman, you have to agree with this one: isn't it great to be sitting up off the road in such a big cushy seat?