Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

WOW!!!

Thread: WOW!!!

WOW!!!

Man I'm done installing Gentoo. Sure I have a couple things to finish up. But I am AMAZED of it's speed. All I did is set the cflags but I didnt put any special optimization flags. And I am amazed how fast everything is. mozilla loads the fastes any browser has loaded for me. I can just imagine Phoenix or those other light weight browsers. WOW!!! People the time you invest installing Gentoo is so worth it. I think i've found my new favorite distro.

Re:WOW!!!

here's your red pill, welcome to the real world.

No kidding! Man Gentoo rocks! If you add up the time that you wait for apps to load in a different distro compared to in gentoo it quicly pays off to install Gentoo.

Thanks Morpheus

now join forums.gentoo.org - we have some clever people over there.. and it's relatively friendly, very minimal amounts of flamewars.

Will do. BTW I can't wait to get off work to finish hacking at my newely installed distro.

Advisor

Welcome to bliss my friend.

Also, for a nice little additional speed improvement, try prelinking your system. Prelink Howto

Mentor

Also, check out this page if you "want to optimize your box to death".

[quote author=cloverm link=board=7;threadid=7136;start=0#65966 date=1054259035]
    Also, check out this page if you "want to optimize your box to death".
    [/quote]

that page is evil, do not listen to them they encourage setting insane flags which will break your box.