Thread: WiForums

WiForums

Hey guys how many of you would be interested in being able to interact with ljr from your cell phone? Maybe this is something we can add to ljr.

http://wiforums.net/products/

Re:WiForums

I remember the days when people used phones to make phone calls. :

I no longer own a cell phone, I realised that it was an evil invention.

Mentor

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=7119;start=#65866 date=1054117002]
    [/quote]

I came to the same conclusion a couple of years ago.

[quote author=cloverm link=board=18;threadid=7119;start=0#65869 date=1054127532]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=7119;start=#65866 date=1054117002]
    [/quote]

I came to the same conclusion a couple of years ago.
    [/quote]
    I'm still naive. My cellphone is quite usefule to me.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=7119;start=0#65866 date=1054117002]
    [/quote]

I only own a cell phone (no land line) and probably could not exist without it. Are you so sure it's evil? I remember mine being delivered from heaven itself by a few kind angels with large white wings.

I found that people misused the trust I gave them and people rang at all times to get free tech support. And I don't want to spend time in a bus or when I'm at my gf's place helping people with their petty Wintendo problems, so while it was useful to be able to call and give short messages to my parents etc. The end result was always that I left it at home because I didn't want people to call me when I didn't want to be distrubed.

The obvious fix here would be to turn the phone off, but that would lead to me forgetting to turn it back on - or forgetting to recharge it.. ringing doing lectures because I forgot the phone...

I just hated the damn thing and I'm glad it's out of my life - after it it was expensive having it around when all I used it for was one weekend a month when I was live action roleplaying.

<shamelss plug>
    well people in the UK and Italy can now purchase a 3g phone that has a browser that does need the WAP protocol thanks the people i complain about in this thread. Its a very nice phone that has tons of features, like a full color screen (16k colors!!) and many games. one would think it is not a phone at all, but a very nice PDA. Yes sireee!! you too can be using this touch screen phone and operate it at 384 kbps like there is no tomarrow. don't get the crappy ass NEC phone!!! . it is slow, sure it has a better form factor, but what does this mean when it is sooo slow.

so come on, those of you living in the UK and Italy buy one, or two! did i mention they have video phone ablity? i did not think so!! well it runs symbian OS... not my choice my friends!

</shamelss plug>