Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RH 9 install can't read CD

Thread: RH 9 install can't read CD

Good Guru

RH 9 install can't read CD

I boot up from the CD drive with RH 9.0 install CD # 1 . It booted fine and then gave me text install screen. Now, I configured KBD and stuff and when it comes time to read CD, it says it can't find it in CD drive that it just booted up... :

What could be the problem? The CD is Creative PC-DVD Dxr2 IDE drive. Thanks.

Re:RH 9 install can't read CD

I had the same problem so now i'm using slack.

is teh drive connected to standard ide controller or anything like that?

Good Guru

Yeap, it's /dev/hdc.

I recently had that happen with Debian's Sarge cd that I burned. It boot to begin the installation and once I got the text installation screen, and choose source location, it said it couldn't find the cd/dvd drive. I ended up installing Slack 9.0!

Good Guru

did you burn in XCDRoast? I recall a long thread on the RHML a bit back when RH8 came out, and it got revived when RH9 came out. Basically, when you burn, pad the tracks and the MD5 works out okay and the internal code that checks the integrity will pass the disc and work okay. As soon as I can dig it up from my local RHML archive, I will give a more detailed decription. Please note, that I havent used a burn since RH7.1. I have bought my own discs since then.

Good Guru

I burnt with my friend's machine which uses Win2K with Nero Burning 5.0. I burnt it myself using its tool for .iso images ( which also support RAW and some other formats ). :-\

I have also had this happen. Try burning again with a different brand of cd media. This fixed it for me and might be worth a shot for you.

Good Guru

Darn, I will have to download again with those slow mirrors ..

Thanks for the input dudes ....