Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

work.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: work....

Kind Mastermind

Re:work....

[quote author=Whiz link=board=14;threadid=7097;start=0#65700 date=1053785224]
    because the goverment can't go bankrupt
    Then why in early/mid 1995 did the Military(and possibly the entire government) get their pay checks late? It may be a diferent reason than I think, but I remember not getting Payed untill a week or two later than it should have been.
    [/quote]

That was because Congress and Clinton got into a pissing contest with each other. They couldn't agree on a budget. So, we all had to pay for their stupidity (well, actually, I didn't. The military got paid regardless under some obscure law that states that the military gets top priority and continues to get paid, regardless).

[quote author=cga link=board=14;threadid=7097;start=0#65702 date=1053785635]
    Well, pbharris, if makes you feel any better the same thing is happening out in the non-IT areas too. My company laid off a number of our field techs and junior scientists, and now I have to do a lot of field grunt work in addition to being a project manager and scientist. Eats up a lot of time.

[/quote]

that is exactly what is hapening to us - and it chews up alot of time. i am not in IT either, well unless you think of telecom IT..

Well, I survived three waves of layoffs, but on Monday I got the Axe. The company will be down to four project managers after I leave. And two techs. When I started there were 26 employees.

So if off to find a new job I go. Again. This is like number three in as many years. Whatever happened to companies taking care of their employees? Guess that the bottom line means more than the welfare of people, huh?

Man, we are all over worked and under paid. Everytime they lay-off someone some one has to pick up the slack, it sucks but it's part of working for a meger living. oh well life goes on.

[quote author=cga link=board=14;threadid=7097;start=0#66514 date=1055378254]
    Well, I survived three waves of layoffs, but on Monday I got the Axe. The company will be down to four project managers after I leave. And two techs. When I started there were 26 employees.

So if off to find a new job I go. Again. This is like number three in as many years. Whatever happened to companies taking care of their employees? Guess that the bottom line means more than the welfare of people, huh?
    [/quote]
    Oh man, sorry to hear that

[/quote]

ah man cga - that sucks....
    and you are not kidding, the bottom line means everything...

[/quote]

Now I feel bad complaining about the fact that I made the cut in the 50% RIF that my company has gone through in about the last 2 years. I now do the work of 4 people and haven't gotten a raise in over 2 years...but at least I still have a job.

Good luck cga...hopefully you'll find something soon enough