Thread: suse

suse

With suse person edition, am i able to install window managers such as enlighment or gnome, or do i have to use just kde?

Kind Mastermind

Re:suse

While it's been a while (several months of uncontrolled withdrawal! If I don't get to play with my computers soon, I'm going to hurt my invisible friend!), I should say that kde shouldn't be the only installed window manager. Additionally, you should be able to download a ton of rpms by going to rpmfind and typing it in.

Cheers

In your opinion for using with a laptop which would you use, redhat or suse, Reasong i'm asking is becuase with items such as slack and debian i'm finding large problems getting x setup.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=pinehead link=board=7;threadid=7083;start=0#65601 date=1053586652]
    In your opinion for using with a laptop which would you use, redhat or suse, Reasong i'm asking is becuase with items such as slack and debian i'm finding large problems getting x setup.
    [/quote]

While I don't have a laptop, I would think that either suse or redhat would make a good choice, depending on the abilities of your hardware.

Cheers

SuSE 8.2 Personal ships with KDE, Gnome, Windowmaker and FVWM. The SuSE FTP servers have SuSE RPMs for everything else as well. The "standard install" for SuSE includes KDE, WindowMaker and FVWM2 (plus, of course, TWM and MWM).