Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I fscked up ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fscked up ...

Good Guru

I fscked up ...

You wouldn't believe what I just did to my desktop .... :

I just issued rm -rf bin while I was in /usr directory .... Now my bin folder is gone and I'm afraid to reboot ... :'(

Or the bright side, this will make me ( no choice but to ) install RH 9.0 on this ancient RH 7.3 desktop .... :'(

Stupid me :-[

Re:I fscked up ...

I'm sorry to hear that fella..

If it makes you feel any better RH9 is a very worthwhile upgrade. You'll be happy.

owwiee...

Advisor

That hurts man, heh, I remember when someone I know left his box logged in as root so I jokingly told a friend to type "rm -rf /etc" and he did it! It was kinda amusing actually, because it wasn't my box ;D removing /etc will fsck up an install REAL good.

Mentor

I'd be kinda pissed if someone did that to me, but it is funny cause its not me
    CP

Mentor

why would you need to type that command? EVER?

[quote author=boblucci link=board=13;threadid=7080;start=0#65607 date=1053608770]
    why would you need to type that command? EVER?
    [/quote]

Fastest way of removing a directory and its contents, sure beats 'cd dir && rm -f * && cd .. && rm dir'.

Good Guru

Thanks for the suggestions but none of this work, because

a) it's a /usr/bin directory where all the tools in user space reside such as shell (bash) and mount and so on.

b) can't even use lynx as a browser to download software.

c) it's purely desktop box so there is no remote log in such as SSH.

d) now tranfering files via floppy wouldn't be possible because there is no cp or mv commands there. Not even Vi is there anymore.

Why can't you put cp on the floppy and use that, Ah never mind no mount! Sorry man good luck... the only hope now is to take out the old HD and stick it inside another box mount it and grab anything you want to keep!