Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What's up with 'dirname'?

Thread: What's up with 'dirname'?

What's up with 'dirname'?

$ ls -lhS dirname
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 513G Feb 13 08:17 dirname*
    Apparently [tt]dirname[/tt] is larger than the partition on which it sits (although I wouldn't mind a 513 gig drive ). [tt]dirname[/tt] is located in [tt]/usr/bin[/tt]. The next largest file is [tt]emacs-21.2.93*[/tt] weighing in at a meager [tt]4.3M[/tt]. I can't use the program.

$ dirname something
    bash: /usr//bin/dirname: File too large
    What do you suppose is causing [tt]dirname[/tt] to register as being so large?

Re:What's up with 'dirname'?

Well, I downloaded and recompiled sh-utils and replaced [tt]dirname[/tt] with the newly compiled version. The new version is only 52K, so I guess there are some features missing but it seems to work fine. I just wonder what happened that caused the file to show up as being so large.

Good Guru

my bet, crapped out inode. If your hd has no fsck errors, that would be MY guess at least.

513GB? that's /tiny/

my friend once had his fstab pointing at an ext2 partition, then formated it ntfs. or maybe vice-versa. anyway then he did a ls -lh and it showed a /file/ not directory at the mount point that was 13EB (extabytes)