Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Asus A7S266-VM

Thread: Asus A7S266-VM

Asus A7S266-VM

I'm really considering buying this mobo anyone have any experiece with this. Did a couple of searches and wasn't able to find much.

Mentor

Re:Asus A7S266-VM

I'd recommend getting something a bit newer, at least a KT333 chipset board. SD-Ram is getting quite expensive at the moment, whereas DDR has been falling lately, here in NZ that is. The newer the chipset is, the longer it will last you. If you spend the money and get a nice board, then it should last you at least 1 CPU upgrade, if you get an older board then you wont be able to take advantage of things like DDR400, and you'll be limited as to what processor you can use. Just my .02
    CP

From what I found here, http://motherboards.bizrate.com/mark...0A7S%2DVM.html, it does seem to be out dated.

ATX - SiS 730S - IDE / EIDE - Athlon

Plus I don't like the sis chipset.

well the reason I was looking at it was to be able to use my sdram memory for now and if I got some more money to buy ddr mem for it since it can take both

Good Guru

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=3;threadid=7021;start=0#65181 date=1052927516]
    well the reason I was looking at it was to be able to use my sdram memory for now and if I got some more money to buy ddr mem for it since it can take both
    [/quote]

You should have no problem pawning it off. I would get the newer KT333 chipset and go with the DDR RAM. You have no clue the actual (real - not on paper -- REAL) performance gain that you will be missing out.

Christ, if I can scrape some cash , I would give you an offer ;D I am always in need of ram ;D

Ok how about Asus A7N266-VM?

That one works good, but has a bug with Grub. There are a couple of threads about it in here.

I dont like grub. I use lilo. So that won't be a problem.