Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

And the answer is- SuSE!

Thread: And the answer is- SuSE!

And the answer is- SuSE!

OK. I am a SuSE guy. I bought and installed 8.2 Saturday and have been running it with KDE and I think that this is a very valid "Joe User" desktop. I am impressed.

As to my going to Debian or something, well, I have too much else to do.

Re:And the answer is- SuSE!

Glad you like it. SuSE 8.0 was the first release I came across that got newbie me to ditch Windows. Really nice. I did find later on though that RH was bit closer to my ideal distro. To each his own..

I do hope you find the time to play with Debian though. It's a really impressive effort..

I have 8.2 Pro, but was unable to get it play with my Voodoo3 card, Im getting another computer this week, so hopefully things will be better

Ok, haven't bought the SuSE 8.2 pro because I still haven't gotten 8.1 pro to hook up to the net. I installed it just fine. Dual boot with my windows now. But I don't have time read the manual plus it's not written for joe users. At least not 8.1 pro. How the heck do I hook up to the net? I don't have a winmodem already checked that. I have a 3com internal made for Suse, mandrake, XP, etc... Configured my modem with Yast 2. It detects the modem because I hear it dialing out but no connection? Yuck, please help! djmaistro9mm@netscape.net or post it, thanks.

[quote author=dizznuts link=board=7;threadid=6975;start=0#65883 date=1054145286]
    Ok, haven't bought the SuSE 8.2 pro because I still haven't gotten 8.1 pro to hook up to the net. I installed it just fine. Dual boot with my windows now. But I don't have time read the manual plus it's not written for joe users. At least not 8.1 pro. How the heck do I hook up to the net? I don't have a winmodem already checked that. I have a 3com internal made for Suse, mandrake, XP, etc... Configured my modem with Yast 2. It detects the modem because I hear it dialing out but no connection? Yuck, please help! djmaistro9mm@netscape.net or post it, thanks.
    [/quote]

What are you using to control your modem? How do you go about trying to connect to the internet and what happens when it fails?