Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mail

Thread: mail

mail

It seemed like in the past (using RH eight), the command-line mail program delivered mail locally just fine. Now I noticed I never get my mail. For example if I do:

mail -s test user
    blah blah
    ^D

It never gets to that user. Also it can't send to external address either (evolution works fine, just command line). What could be the problem?

Re:mail

hey RedHat,
    remember this big & ugly thread - is it like this?
    http://www.linuxjunior.org/yabbse/in...d=6409;start=0

[quote author=RedHat link=board=1;threadid=6948;start=0#64615 date=1052024184]
    It seemed like in the past (using RH eight), the command-line mail program delivered mail locally just fine. Now I noticed I never get my mail. For example if I do:

mail -s test user
    blah blah
    ^D

It never gets to that user. Also it can't send to external address either (evolution works fine, just command line). What could be the problem?
    [/quote]

LOL yeah and it's happening again. I shouldn't have to fool with sendmail though. Should "out of the box" be able to send mail from the command line. Ya know, I'm not positive, but I *think* it happened when I upgraded from RH eight to nine. I'll try to do what I did before and see if that works.

Got it working....Had to change a thing or two in /etc/hosts.