Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

GNOME Growing Up

View Poll Results: What Is Your Favourite Desktop Manager?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • GNOME

2 20.00%
  • KDE

5 50.00%
  • Blackbox

0 0%
  • IceWM

0 0%
  • Window Maker

0 0%
  • Other...

2 20.00%
  • Enlightenment...

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GNOME Growing Up

GNOME Growing Up

I have been a long time KDE fan. My choice of distro used to be the one with the newest version of KDE. Then the other week, I decided that I would give GNOME 2.4 a go. So I did a SUSE install, and made sure the install didn't include KDE 3.2, except for the required SUSE stuff. Well, what can I say? I was amazed how quickly it ran compared to KDE 3.2.2. The eye candy is fantastic, but I still think that KDE 3.2 has the edge over GNOME in that respect. So now I have decided to stay with GNOME, and I say it is a lot better then the old 2.0 version that I tried with Mandrake 9.0 years ago, and light years better then the stupid customised version that is present with Fedora. My choice of distro now has nothing to do with KDE, it has to have the latest version of GNOME!

/edited by mcangeli to add enlightenment
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Advisor
    flux

beezlebubsbum, has nautilus gotten any better yet? Until it's as usable and lightweight as konqueror, I won't be leaving KDE...

Beez, I will never forgive you if you dont add enlightenment to the list right away

How do I add enlightenment? But yes, Nautilus has really matured! It even supports drag and drop cd burning!
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

waimea !! :P

Wow, I am really happy with the response from this post. I never knew that so many strayed from the standard GNOME or KDE desktop. I have always found it hard not having a GUI filemanager with window managers like Blackbox and IceWM, but if they had one, then I would head over to that.
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

check out pogo if you need a "launcher" for bb/fb/qb

http://freshmeat.net/projects/pogo/

I voted for KDE because I like how it's come into its own (not so M$Windows like anymore :w00t: ). I also like bb/Fluxbox for its beauty and speed. And when in Linux... Konq is my favorite browser (the sweetest bookmark handling I've ever seen 8) ).
    Steve