Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

giFT problem

Thread: giFT problem

giFT problem

Hi ppl I have this little problem with giFT I cannot run it. I have it installed but it says

*** ERROR: Your setup is incomplete ***

You will need to run giFT-setup and be sure that you read absolutely
    every configuration option (no, really). If you are unable to complete
    giFT-setup, you may optionally copy the contents of the etc/ directory
    with the distribution to /home/xquizit/.giFT/.

so now i'm not sure what to do all I used was the default settings because I didn't understand the questions :-[ I am now using Mandrake 9.1 and I it ;D

TIA
    a.lost.soul

Re:giFT problem

There's a configuration flag in the gift.conf file that's by default set to 0 and it's only purpose is that people read the config file (all of it!) and realize they will have to set it to 1.

ok I fixed that problem now another one

GIFT-FATAL: couldn't load protocol none in file : binary does not support this protocol, consider ltdl support

what is ltdl???

TIA
    a.lost.soul

Don't know about ltdl. Google tells me it's got something to do with opening libraries but that's not your problem, I guess.

GIFT-FATAL: couldn't load protocol none
    Protocol none? Seems the default configuration file is not configured at all. You really have to go through the file and check every option or run gift-setup (like the first error message said).

The line that's causing this error might be

plugins = none

which for me reads

plugins = libOpenFT.so

I'm not trying to Nuke this thread here but if giFT worth all this? I'm using Limewire with really good results - is giFT that much better?

Good Guru

I liked it alot. And I found it rather simple to setup. Just that you NEED to go over the config file. I did a quick 20 second once over and had zero issues.

[quote author=Scott Tiger link=board=2;threadid=6935;start=0#64624 date=1052060597]
    I'm not trying to Nuke this thread here but if giFT worth all this? I'm using Limewire with really good results - is giFT that much better?
    [/quote]
    actually giFT is very easy to get working even more easy tha Limewire and far less system intensive. For me it is not about results (ie how fast or how much i download) because i don't p2p very often at all (i basically only will use it to sample music in case i want to buy it or obtain stuff that is nolonger produced (in print)).

giFT is nice and light and their node system is superior to most of the other p2p clients out there. now all they need are more users

oH and ltdl, if i am not mistaken, has to do with libdlcompat which aides in the dynamic linking of files while compiling. (though i could be wrong)

Thanks for the info Sarah - I might just have to try it.

Good Guru

[quote author=Scott Tiger link=board=2;threadid=6935;start=0#64683 date=1052160648]
    Thanks for the info Sarah - I might just have to try it.

[/quote]

Give it a shot. It was worth it for me to jump onto it.

Thanks for the recommendation. If you're like me and interested in trying it out and can't find binaries head here:

http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewt...highlight=gift

and give it a whirl..