We are pleased to announce a new certification: Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT). RHCT provides performance based certification for Linux techs who are competent to set up new Linux systems and attach these to a production network.
The RHCT Exam is a half-day performance based exam, and will be included in RH133 Red Hat Linux System Administration (4.5 days) starting in January 2003, the fourth anniversary of the RHCE Program.
RHCT is an ideal technician level credential for persons supporting Linux systems throughout the organization. RHCT is a good choice for those transitioning to Linux from non-UNIX OSes, or who want to prove their competencies at a midway point on the way to RHCE, one of the ten hottest certifications in the IT industry.
RHCT tests a technician-specific subset of the skills tested in RHCE:
* RHCTs will typically not be making the decisions about how to set up production network services and network security. Thus, RHCT does not test the networking services and network security skills required to earn RHCE.
* RHCT tests a smaller group of diagnostics and troubleshooting skills than RHCE, which tests these skills more comprehensively. Some persons taking RHCE who do not pass all items required for RHCE may pass all items required to earn RHCT. Official RHCE test results will indicate scores relative to both RHCT and RHCE.
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT) and all of Red Hat's Developer, Security, and eBusiness courses offer the following values and qualities:
* Most mature and respected program in the Linux space
* Most up-to-date technical content, always updated for each new release of Red Hat Linux
* High quality courseware, labs, instruction, and program design
* Performance-based certification and proof of actual competency: RHCE
* Emphasis on hands-on practical skills, relevant to today's roles for Linux
* Multiple tracks, with entry points for all IT backgrounds and skill levels
* Independent surveys, proven quality and performance metrics
* Guaranteed satisfaction (see our Guarantee)
* Quality assured through RHCE certification of instructors and Training Partners
* Value-added services at Certification Central for those who earn RHCE
To see what other customers and reviewers are saying about Red Hat's training and certification programs and RHCETM certification, please visit News and Reviews.
Individual Students should review the Student Guide before coming to class. FAQs provide answers to frequently asked questions about the RHCE certification and RHCE Exam.
Red Hat also offers courses that focus on specific areas of expertise, such as e-business, security and embedded technologies.
All courses are designed to create a basis for further development and real-world practice. Good training can provide a foundation; the participant must do the rest. As an alternative to classroom-based training, Red Hat offers an extensive set of online courses.
Our audience focus is the IT professional: technician, system administrator, network administrator, system engineer, web engineer, and developer. Our technical focus is on the skills and competencies required to manage Linux servers and systems for mission-critical commercial and business roles, including: internet server, web server, database server, MTA server, ISP, DNS server, firewalls, web proxies, file and print server, departmental server, technical workstations, and development platform.