Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Compiling problems

Thread: Compiling problems

Compiling problems

Hi ppl for some reason I cannot compile "gaim 0.62" the error I get is

"Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
    configure: error:
    *** GLib 2.0 is required to build Gaim; please make sure you have the GLib
    *** development headers installed. The latest version of GLib is
    *** always available at http://www.gtk.org/."

I think I installed it right by typing "./configure && make then su make install" so is there something I missed or something need to be edited??

Re:Compiling problems

What distro are you running again? Isn't it SuSE? If that's the case there's probably an rpm kicking around that will solve this for you.

sounds like you're missing a library see if you have a package called glib-dev or something close to that.

as root try ldconfig -p |grep glib
    if you don't get any response the dynamic linker dosent know where glib is installed, find where glib is installed and ad the path /usr/share/lib/glib/ or something else to /etc/ld.so.conf
    otherwise there's something else check that you actually have 2.0 glib or refer to Tyr_7BE post.