Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Linux Fax Software

Thread: Linux Fax Software

Good Guru

Linux Fax Software

I tried making Gfax work. Boy was that a waste of bandwidth, time, life force. I spent a week downloading everything and its brother to get into a more intricate dep hell than I had expected could be possible. So fuck gfax. Aint happening. Any other fax apps out there that are useful? I do need to send. That is the whole point. I see an assload that are just fax viewers.

Thanks!

Re:Linux Fax Software

http://www.fax2send.com/fax2send/page/home.html
    supposadly is comes with rh9 -

also there is http://www.hylafax.org/

Good Guru

Well thanks for the help, but having merely cryptic CLI only fac tools out there, it appears I may need to load windows or buy a fax machine. No GUI tool is useful in the slightest. And I really am not in the mood to sit down and waste several hours trying to figure out all of the codes for making a fax get sent to (555) 555 - 5555.

Associate

Have you tried SquirrelFax? It is available from www.sourceforge.net

Please let me know if it works for you?

Good Guru

Hell Crox.

I dont recall. I will look into that. I had tried a ton of different ones. Even a few of the commercial ones looked bad. In the interim, since I orginally posted, the gent that is "the" programmer for gfax seems to have gotten it runnable on RH9 (and thus compilable too). I havent had a chance to try it out yet (need to have someone to fax to).

But I will look into Squirrel Fax. Hopefully it is what I need.

Associate

Red Hat 9 also comes with MGETTYfax and EFAX. I have not been able to get either to work.