Thread: Happy birthday, Saddam!

Hybrid View

Happy birthday, Saddam!

Baghdad - Joyous crowds in Baghdad celebrated Saddam Hussein's birthday in a brand new way on Monday, pasting photos of the former strongman on a donkey as they heaped scorn on his brutal 24-year reign.

"For the first time in my life, I won't be forced to attend Saddam's birthday ceremonies. He was a dictator, he was nothing but a donkey ruling over Iraq," said Ali, 24.

The young man, speaking in the Sadr city suburb formerly known as Saddam city and home to about two million Shiite Muslims, said most Iraqis had been "faking joy on Saddam's birthday each year because we were plain afraid".

"We'll bring the donkey flowers and a cake this afternoon," said Hassan al-Hussein, 27, who helped organize the ceremony here.

Crowds of young boys were clapping their hands in appreciation as a man planted a banner and a colorful plastic tree by the donkey.

"April 28, it's your birthday you loser!" read the sign. Saddam turned 66 on Monday although his whereabouts, if he is even still alive, are unknown.

Pictures of Saddam and his two equally feared sons, Uday and Qussay, were also on display.

"We won't kill the animal although he represents Saddam the criminal, because donkeys are as oppressed as we were for years," said al-Hussein.

Re:Happy birthday, Saddam!

And yet the Iraqies probably still hate Americans.

They do, they already want us gone.

[quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=17;threadid=6912;start=0#64437 date=1051580845]
    And yet the Iraqies probably still hate Americans.
    [/quote]
    If you were to liberate me of a tyrant, and in the process kill my family, I would hate you too...

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=6912;start=0#64699 date=1052166572]
    If you were to liberate me of a tyrant, and in the process kill my family, I would hate you too...
    [/quote]

So that gives the Vietnamese a reason to hate us, but we're talking about this recent war (if you can even call it a war) with Iraq.

[quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=17;threadid=6912;start=0#64859 date=1052422880]
    [quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=6912;start=0#64699 date=1052166572]
    [/quote]

So that gives the Vietnamese a reason to hate us, but we're talking about this recent war (if you can even call it a war) with Iraq.
    [/quote]
    4000+ civilians died in this thing you don't want to call a war. Many more injured, possesions destroyed, sick, hungry, etc.
    Now they fear the US will take over.
    If you were to liberate me from a tyrant and do all this to me, I'd hate you too.

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=6912;start=0#64863 date=1052424945]
    4000+ civilians died in this thing you don't want to call a war. Many more injured, possesions destroyed, sick, hungry, etc.
    If you were to liberate me from a tyrant and do all this to me, I'd hate you too.
    [/quote]

Saddam was killing 4000 people every day just before having breakfast ...

[quote author=kavarogep link=board=17;threadid=6912;start=0#64864 date=1052426791]
    [quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=6912;start=0#64863 date=1052424945]
    [/quote]

Saddam was killing 4000 people every day just before having breakfast ...

[/quote]
    So we are like Saddam?

When you fight monsters, you have to watch out not to become one in the process.

You tell me, if you lived in a tirany, but your family had managed to survived until then, and then someone, to liberate you killed your family and half the people you know, would you receive them with arms wide open?

I know I wouldn't.

You know how them Texans think, biggerer = betterer. :