Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Problem creating MENU ITEMS in RedHat 8.0 KDE and GNOME

Thread: Problem creating MENU ITEMS in RedHat 8.0 KDE and GNOME

Hybrid View

Problem creating MENU ITEMS in RedHat 8.0 KDE and GNOME

Hello

While installing my application through a shell script, I am trying to create a menu for it with some items in it for execution, in the linux start menu in RedHat 8.0 KDE and GNOME. (all I want is a menu item similar to Accessories, Graphics, Internet etc)
    I have prepared the .desktop files, but i dont know where to put them ie., about their location in the file system.
    Can anybody tell me, where should i create a folder and copy my files so that they appear as menu items in the start menu (in both KDE and GNOME) ?
    Im eagerly waiting for a solution,

thanks in advance,
    ramesh

Good Guru

Re:Problem creating MENU ITEMS in RedHat 8.0 KDE and GNOME

Its not fun. I gave up on that whole concept, and when RH says its added then I will bother. basically, they are going to be the first ones to endeavor (and hopefully succeed) to unifying the KDE and GNOME menu structure. Like making a new folder and putting all of your faves in it will appear on both KDE and GNOME. IIRC, KDE's is not changing, and has not changed in a while. Whereas GNOME's is still being reinvented. A different creation than the KDE implementation. They want ONE way to do it. When they finish it, then we will have it. On the RH mail lists, Havoc Pennington has chimed in several times.