Thread: Mozilla SLOW after 238+ hours of uptime

Mozilla SLOW after 238+ hours of uptime

Running RH9 with the Mozilla version 1.2.1 installed. It appears that after my system Athalon 1 gig with 386megs ram seems to slow way down on loading. It takes anywhere from 45 seconds to 2 minutes. Has anyone seen something similar?

Thanks
    Ras

Re:Mozilla SLOW after 238+ hours of uptime

Do you mean on loading mozilla? Cause I've had that problem before. I enter the command, and the box just sits there. gkrellm shows no special cpu activity. Then 2 minutes later mozilla pops up. Never did find a solution.

For what it is worth, Mozilla 1.0.2 running on SuSE 8.0 (using FVWM2) loads almost instantly.

well i am running mozilla 1.3, also on fvwm2 and it loads almost instanteously too - fvwm2 on redhat 9

if i leave phoenix (which is based on mozilla) open for a long period of time sometimes pages take like a minute to load, and i see 100% cpu usage, and the only remedy is quiting phoenix and restarting it.

:-/

I had a PET up at one point, I dunno if it's still valid though, detailing how to make Gecko based browsers load faster and seemingly render faster (really just removing the delay so the page is rendered while you look at it, instead of rendering completely in bg and popping up afterwards).

Also Mozilla 1.4a seems a lot more solid for me looking at the memleaks and other common problems which has plagued Gecko in the past.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=2;threadid=6888;start=0#64295 date=1051351397]
    I had a PET up at one point, I dunno if it's still valid though, detailing how to make Gecko based browsers load faster and seemingly render faster (really just removing the delay so the page is rendered while you look at it, instead of rendering completely in bg and popping up afterwards).

Also Mozilla 1.4a seems a lot more solid for me looking at the memleaks and other common problems which has plagued Gecko in the past.
    [/quote]

i believe it's still valid, semi-recently phoenix changed it to a different setting but kept the delay there, it turns out some delay, even on fast computers with fast connections, is faster than no delay. but mozilla is still the old big delay IIRC

and phoenix from 04-24 is rather stable too