Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to fix my memory
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix my memory

How to fix my memory

I organise meetings for a small group of skeptics and athiests, with small I mean we are currently two people - now my problem is that I use meetup.com to schedule the meetings, and have then personally forgotten about them the past 2 months.

I've tried calendars, notes, reminder emails.. I simply can't keep my affairs in order.

Anyone have any ideas?

Good Guru

Re:How to fix my memory

Force yourself to use a pen and paper addressbook/planner. They cost $15US and usually are set up for one calendar year. The first few months will suck still, because you need to develop the habit. But after that you would find yourself in church before you forgot/lost/didnt use the thing.

[I know how LC hates churches, hence why I used that analogy.]

I tried calendars and day planners - my attention span simply is to pisspoor to remember to keep it updated.

Oh and I don't hate churches, in themselves they are pretty buildings.. I hate the people in them.

Have a friend remind you, but everytime they tell you something you didn't remember, they get to hit you. It sounds stupid, but if your friends can hit good, your memory will improve in ways you couldn't dream.

You're at your computer a lot, right? Why not try Evo 2.0's calander or perhaps Mozilla Sunbird? I think at least one of those allows you to have multiple reminders per event, so as you schedule something you could write it down, and then have an alarm set to go off 2 days before the event, a day before the event, 12 hours before, then 6, 2, 1, etc etc... It would make sure you never forget.

is there a gnome-esque program similiar to kalarm? That might be a viable alternative

I already have Evolution warning me, and it's simply not enough.

But I found a solution, I brought a day planner and gave it to my gf, then we'll mark my important appointments in that, and she's nag me about them - just till I can get a hold of my doctor and ask if this is a normal sideeffect to my meds.

I'm forgetting the basics, like taking out food from the freezer for dinner..

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=10086;start=0#msg91377 date=1103715046]
    I already have Evolution warning me, and it's simply not enough.

But I found a solution, I brought a day planner and gave it to my gf, then we'll mark my important appointments in that, and she's nag me about them - just till I can get a hold of my doctor and ask if this is a normal sideeffect to my meds.

I'm forgetting the basics, like taking out food from the freezer for dinner..
    [/quote]
    I forget to do that all the time

Another alternative might be to set up a cron job to email you multiple messages when the appointment is approaching.

Mentor

tie a string around your finger, it will remind you you have something to do.

A lot of it is psychological, if you think you're going to forget something, you more than likely will.