Thread: PHPNuke ?

Good Guru

PHPNuke ?

I'm thinking of experimenting with it. But first, all I know is it's advanced content managment system and that some of the sites are using it and it looks very nice ( Linux Orbit for example ).

Does anybody knows a good resource for how to set up and things like that? I can only fine German version of documents on PHPNuke's site : . Any recommendation on setting up in a few folders down from the main site for testing without affecting the main site just yet and how to change it when the testings are done?

Thanks.

Re:PHPNuke ?

Hi Compunuts,

Check out http://www.nukecops.com. This is a pretty good phpnuke resource. The "Idiots Guide" link provides info on setting it up.

Cheers,

Stix

Dude, setting up nuke is really painless. The install instructions explain step by step what to do and it only takes a few minutes.

If ya have Drake type urpmi php-nuke -- insert cd when asked -- done

[quote author=rick420 link=board=4;threadid=6837;start=0#63922 date=1050526867]
    If ya have Drake type urpmi php-nuke -- insert cd when asked -- done
    [/quote]

Make sure it is the latesr version though. There was a security problem in pre-6.5 I think.

I downloaded it from the php nuke site and what I got was in english. I t does look pretty straightforward.