Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to call overseas

Thread: How to call overseas

How to call overseas

One of my best friends is stationed in Germany, and I want to call him before he is sent to the war. :'(

I called my phone company (Verizon Wireless) and I set it so I could call overseas. I guess it would be cheaper to get a calling card, but for now I just want to figure out how to make the call.

He sent me his cell phone number in this format (last seven digits changed for my peace of mind.) 00149 1 70 123 4567

Anyway, I tried calling, and I got a recording saying the call i made could not be completed as dialed.

Has anyone called Germany lately? Is this number in the correct format? Is there something special I need to do to call? ???

Mentor

Re:How to call overseas

Try: 011 49 1 70 123 4567

Well it's at least partly correct. 001 for international call, 49 is the German country code ... and the 1 70 (which in all honest is 170 :P) is for a T-Mobil Phone. It also looks like your missing a number ... I think German phones end with 5 digets, not four .... Take a look at this.

Hey I work for Cingular Wireless and I know for our phones and others aswell you have to have a plus sign then you number with out dialing 011. You might want to ask Verizon if you need to do anything special to dial an international call

Thanks guys. I *think* Cloverm was right. I tried that and got some recording in German. Since I know no German, I left a message. I hope it was my freinds phone, or there is a very confused german listening to a recording in spanish.

Yeah. Other countries dial 001 for international while we dial 011. I don't know why they can't follow the standard we've set for them...

[quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=14;threadid=6775;start=0#63679 date=1049956788]
    Yeah. Other countries dial 001 for international while we dial 011. I don't know why they can't follow the standard we've set for them...
    [/quote]
    ;D

Good Guru

redbox a pay phone man...