Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Knoppix 3.6 FREE for the down-loading - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knoppix 3.6 FREE for the down-loading

When I was going to college I would boot up knoppix on the school's workstations and get some work done. But it seems that everytime I would do this, the resident network nazi would walk by and start harassing me about not installing software on the school machines. He just didn't get the whole notion of a bootable CD, he was absolutely convinced I was installing something. He kicked me out of the computer lab on more than one occasion. I would just shutdown and reboot, and he could never prove that I had done ANYTHING detrimental to the computer so he really couldn't get me in trouble. HA! Those were great times, 'cause I would just come back the next day and do the same thing.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

I am much too afraid to do that at my Uni. Can you set it up so that it can use the Uni's internet connection?
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Mentor
    Beez.... Try it, I am sure it will.

I got it and have been playing with it, for some reason it seems to boot a little slower (not alot) than 3.4 on the same machine. Who knows, just nit picking, I still love Knoppix.
    jro -

Mentor
    jro, Slow boot as a live CD or HD install? I have been using it for ten days or so now, I am not doing anything I can't afford to lose but I think I will move all my junk over from 3.4 soon.

Already looking for 3.7

I was noticing it booting it from a CD. It probably had something to do with the speed of my CD-ROM (its not very new), I thought of that last night. I haven't encountered anything else.
    jro -