Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

idea: forum rearrangement?

Thread: idea: forum rearrangement?

Hybrid View

idea: forum rearrangement?

I was thinking, there's not much action going on in the windows and mac forums.

Why don't we bundled them together (maybe with unix issues) in an Alternative OS forum.

So we have Mac, Win and BSDs - which aren't the primary focus of ljr, in one forums, and then maybe we can get a bit more action going, and of course less forums for me to check

Re:idea: forum rearrangement?

Sounds like a good idea to me!

That's a great idea. None of them have ever been really hot topics.

I like that idea.

I don't agree that the BSD's and other 'nix's should be move to that forum. There isn't only the fact that they're so much better than Mac and Windows [smiles], but they're quite similar to Linux, almost like siblings, and it just doesn't seem right to throw something that's practically the same into the "other" category. Anyway, Windows and Mac are quite dissimilar from Linux (oh you know you don't use the terminal in Mac) and I agree they should be combined.

I agree with kenshi, Unices are very much like linux where as windows and mac are not. and granted mac is a unix now a days, if you are posting an issue with a mac chances are you aren't posting a general unix issues, you're posting a mac-gui or something issue.

so yeah get a Other OS forum for Mac and Win, but not Unix.

Honestly... fuck BSD... this is LINUXjunior, thus we can see BSD's as alternative OSs

Let's not get chauvanistic. Practically all the Linux threads on this site except the ones pertaining to the kernel can be applied to BSD and usually other unices. I sometimes post FreeBSD problems in Linux forums in fact. Perhaps we should incorporate other unices into the Linux forums.

Good Guru

[quote author=gorn link=board=18;threadid=6759;start=0#63707 date=1050039531]
    I agree with kenshi, Unices are very much like linux where as windows and mac are not. and granted mac is a unix now a days, if you are posting an issue with a mac chances are you aren't posting a general unix issues, you're posting a mac-gui or something issue.

so yeah get a Other OS forum for Mac and Win, but not Unix.
    [/quote]

Agreed. Plus that gives a good place for BeOS, AmigaOS, and other non-Unix OS's to be put.

Alternatively, you could always point the BSD link to Screamining Electron. Jeez, there are some talented BSD gurus there ...

Just shooting more ideas out there....