Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

does linux support music, file sharing, etc.

Thread: does linux support music, file sharing, etc.

does linux support music, file sharing, etc.

Can you tell me if Linux is able to play music files from websites? I know it has realPlayer on my lindows machine. My pastor and daughter both love that Kazaa program. I don't like it myself as I don't like the idea of file sharing with a mass of strangers, I love the sound of silence [the whole nine children at home thing], and, my most serious objection, it causes kernel 32 errors in Windows from the minute you install it.
    ???
    I don't know what I can offer them as an alternate as I know nothing about music sharing on the internet. I am going to post this on a couple of forums, too, and see what I learn.

sincerely,
    julieA
    mother of ten, wife of one

make the switch/ encourage others to do the same. . .

Re:does linux support music, file sharing, etc.

Welcome to LJR! (if anybody hasn't already told you).

I use GTK-Gnutella, and Limewire for file sharing. They both use the Gnutella network, but AFAIK it's nothing compared to the network that Kazaa uses.

I can play .wav and .mp3 files fine through Opera. If you're talking about streaming audio, look into installing MPlayer, and the MPlayer plugin for web browsers.

File sharing is fine, just make sure you only share the directories that contain music, and not your whole HDD. :

Hello,
    I've had very good luck with file sharing using a program called giFT on the openFT network. It works well but as praetorian said just make sure to only share your music directories.

Cheers,
    Stix

xmms has support for shoutcast depends on what kind of format the websites your refering to uses

Program called lopster is pretty good too