Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Virtual RAID

Thread: Virtual RAID

Virtual RAID

I want to do a 5.6 gb install on an older machine. The problem is, it hsa 2x 4gb hard drives. I was wondering if there was a way that I could make it look like one 8gb hard drive without having to make it a hardware thingo. Can it be done?
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Redhat (fedora) will setup software raid for you.

The only thing is that you HAVE to have an ext3 partition for your boot partition.

Its fairly easy....

Associate
    If you have / on one HD and /home on the other, it'll be seamless to users as it is all one filesystem. 8)

I managed to get a software RAID to work. However, the install was painfully slow! Really slow! I eventually just gave up and installed only what I needed...
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+