Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Shrike or Redhat 9.0 list of features
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrike or Redhat 9.0 list of features

Shrike or Redhat 9.0 list of features

Here is a link to the list of features for the new RH9.0 codenamed Shrike

http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/features/

Enjoy (I just got the thumbs up from the Wife to buy it I got sick of the Download bog down).

Ras

Re:Shrike or Redhat 9.0 list of features

Think SuSe.

7 hours to go of my download... Shrike here I go !!

who cares? they are just trying to be like Mandrake....

Good Guru

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=7;threadid=6718;start=0#63080 date=1049200127]
    7 hours to go of my download... Shrike here I go !!
    [/quote]

Dear lord!!

First a GNOME user, now RedHat !! Wow, have I had that kind of affect on you? ;D

Oh I worship thee Lord Schotty... may I pay my pennance in beer ?

Yes, GNOME, and now I'm trying out RedHat9 with Synaptic, and so far I'm liking it..... I CAN'T WAIT FOR XIMIAN DESKTOP 2.0 !!

LoveChild,

any inside info on when Ximian Desktop 2 is coming out?
    Last year they said "Later this year", now they say 'spring'.

Will they support RH9.0, last I checked they were working on supporting RH8.0.

thanx,

I don't care what supports it...I will get whatever is required to run that desktop, regardless of price, morals, or services rendered during acquisition

[quote author=Blaqb0x link=board=7;threadid=6718;start=0#63200 date=1049318676]
    LoveChild,

any inside info on when Ximian Desktop 2 is coming out?
    Last year they said "Later this year", now they say 'spring'.

Will they support RH9.0, last I checked they were working on supporting RH8.0.

thanx,
    [/quote]

Would be REALLY stupid of them if they didn't support RedHat 9 (it's not .0 - there will be no more point releases of redhat..) and MDK9.1.

I think RedHat will be the officially supported distro and then it will include support for SuSE, MDK and maybe Debian.

Good Guru

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=7;threadid=6718;start=0#63116 date=1049227386]
    Oh I worship thee Lord Schotty... may I pay my pennance in beer ?

Yes, GNOME, and now I'm trying out RedHat9 with Synaptic, and so far I'm liking it..... I CAN'T WAIT FOR XIMIAN DESKTOP 2.0 !!
    [/quote]

Heh, just mail me your life savings and we'll call it even ;D But beer is okay too ...

As for Ximian -- avoid it if you can. It doesnt play really well with RedHat, since it replaces all of your GNOME stuff. Now, if you upgrade anything from RedHat's 9.1 (should it occur) or 10, you will have a really fun time trying to get GNOME to work... at all ;D Aside from that, if you are like I was, and don't mind wiping the system every time you upgrade, then I guess it doesnt mean shit then :P

Figured I'd warn ya.