Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Gtk-Perl problems

Thread: Gtk-Perl problems

Mentor

Gtk-Perl problems

I'm trying to install some new software that requires Gtk-Perl. I first tried to download it via CPAN, and I got the error that gnome-config and imlib-config can't be found. I thought this could be because I'm using Gnome-2.2 so I downloaded the source via CVS, and I still get the same error. Gnome works without a problem but I don't have the files gnome-config or imlib-config. This is running on slack 9.0. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Cheers
    CP

Re:Gtk-Perl problems

I *think* you need GConf and GConf-devel installed for gnome-config. Make sure they are installed. Also, if you still can't find them make sure they are in your path and/or try passing a configure option (like ./configure --enable-gconf=/path/to/gnome-conf)

Check http://www.gtkperl.org/ as well.

Mentor

I have gconf installed, and there is no slack package for gconf-devel. I looked at the gnome ftp site, and they only have a gconf package as well. I went into my installed packages list, which contains the file list and did a grep gnome-config ./* and the only results I get are
    /var/log/packages/libgnome-2.2.0.1-i386-1:usr/include/libgnome-2.0/libgnome/gnome-config.h
    /var/log/packages/libgnome-2.2.0.1-i386-1:usr/share/gtk-doc/html/libgnome/libgnome-gnome-config.html
    Any other ideas?

gtk-perl requires gnome 1.4 packages if you only have gnome2 then you are out of luck. there exists a gtk2-perl package now but it will not work with things like dvd::rip

fyi gtk-perl ceased development nearly two years ago so i would imagine soon anything that requires it will have to change over soon. So to encourage developers to make the change start filing bugs or making requests because it is rediculous to use an actively developed package that requires old depreciated software.

just my 2 cents

Mentor

Thanks for that. I liked the look of the app, but I guess if it require gnome 1.4 then I'm not going to use it.
    CP

yeah i keep meaning to take them to task for not modernizing the dependencies of dvd::rip. I would like to try it too but i am not about to build several gnome 1.4 and about four other dependencies to get one app working --- that is just plain silly

in all i think you would require about 15-20 gnome 1.4 and related packages just to compile gtk-perl