Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knowledge Base

Re:Knowledge Base

[quote author=C++freak link=board=18;threadid=6669;start=0#62767 date=1048698339]
    why don't we just write a pet telling how to find information on here?
    [/quote]
    I don't know. Each time I try to find something specific in the 50 Tech Support pages, it never works for me...

I am willing to work on this. I was just hoping we'd have more volunteers, so this wouldn't take a year to achieve.... ???

You need a way to mark each thread as classified so you'll know if you missed any.

you could post in it to do that.. but that would drag up old topics...

Perhaps just starting on Page 1 and working up to the current one would do he trick?

or just edit the title or last post in the thread with a note that says "we got this one" or something similar

when do you want to start working on this? We could post our daily results (all the stuff we've checked out) and stuff in a topic somewhere, and at the end of a day post the results for the day (ie, "we reviewed x-amount of topics today, y-amount have been marked irrelavent, and the total topics reviewed is z-amount.&quot

Well you see, I imagined you would go by topic. In other words, create a topic and find every thread that applies to that. But you're going to end up with a lot of threads that you hadn't thought of a topic for, and there won't be any way to easily tell if they've been classified or not. Editing the post is practically inconsiderable, since not only would it drag up old ones, but it's too much trouble to have to click on a post to find out if it's been classified or not when there are thousands to search through. Starting from the first post and making categories when there isn't one seems conceivable, but if there are more than one person working within a certain forum at a time, they may make the same categories at approximately the same time. Plus there's the fact that new threads are being made constantly. That still seems like the best alternative, but I figured if you're going to make the software to do this whole project, you might as well include something to make classifying them easier. Surely the Yabb code can be edited to show which threads have been filed.

I don't know any programming :'(

I think te best way is to create several categories (Hardware, software, programming, etc, and subdivide these then - NVidia drivers, computer unstability, setting Java Home, etc.) Then we can classify each post in one of these, or create a new category if we can't find one. After we have some threads assigned to these categories, then we can go over them and see if more than one have the same subject, and group these together.

okay - i am gonna start this now in tech support area. let me knwo if this is what you had in mind Trickster

oh yea thead here
    http://www.linuxjunior.org/yabbse/in...;threadid=6820

mmm, this idea sounds good to me except i am confused about a few things. first of all, what is a PET? and second, you guys are planning on taking important info from certain posts and making a new thread with them all over again...or are you gonna put it somewhere like the FAQ stuff?

i will help if i can