Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artists - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artists

Re:Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artist

[quote author=garskoci link=board=14;threadid=6653;start=0#62511 date=1048282420]
    The bad part is that they really think that they matter. As if they have a real clue on foreign policy or middle America life. Strictly uneducated, all feelings, no thought, spew coming out of their pie holes.
    But.... they have a fricken forum. They can stand up on a stage amongst their peers and everybody, except for a few have a great time bashing the gov. or our country. Ever see some of the Iragis that are in the U.S. that fled Iraq? I know someone that defected.... The only question that I have is why we waited so long.... Hmmmm..... Bill Clinton?
    [/quote]

Hmmmm......more like Bush I

Re:Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artist

Actors are no more intelligent (or dumber for that matter) than anyone else. They just have the opportunity, by the grace of their employment, to voice their opinion to millions. Most people, given the opportunity, would do the same. If that weren't the case, then most of us would not even have bothered replying to (or starting) this thread. People like to be heard. That, however, does not make what they say credible.

Good Guru

[quote author=tolstoy link=board=14;threadid=6653;start=0#62711 date=1048636100]
    Actors are no more intelligent (or dumber for that matter) than anyone else. They just have the opportunity, by the grace of their employment, to voice their opinion to millions. Most people, given the opportunity, would do the same. If that weren't the case, then most of us would not even have bothered replying to (or starting) this thread. People like to be heard. That, however, does not make what they say credible.
    [/quote]

That is very accurate. But some of these assmonkey crackpots take fanaticalism a step further and wish harm to their counterparts. Namely Clooney. The guy really put his foot in his mouth not too long ago. Google for a link, but there was a VERY derrogatory comment about the ill fate as of late of Charlton Heston. I think that THIS is what Mountainman was trying to get at.

I think that it is no secret that Lovechild would never be seen with me at a RNC rally, but are we wishing stonings, the contraction of AIDS, or public beatings on each other --- NO! Thats my point. Sane people do not act like that. Its arrogant for these morons to try to think that WE do (although, sadly, sometimes correct)

I think if the ‘high brow’ people want to make statements, educated or not, they can. (I’m just continuing on the subject with my own thoughts, no ‘attacks’ intended) Besides, if its a down right stupid comment why complain about it? Free comedy! It is there own loss and none of our own so I wouldn’t really think it matters.

Acting isn’t easy I don’t think… neither is being a musician or anything in the ‘entertainment’ business for that matter. I think they are just as good as anyone else and just as likely to have pitfalls. Actors and musicians include those people who you see taking in down to mimimum wage a night to play or perform while you eat dinner. The only difference is there are doing something they probably love and enjoy. If I enjoyed being a garabage man, screw the pay I’d do it. Why do people teach? At least around here the pay is awul but from what I see those who stick with it really love it. Its either the connection and friendships with the students and just making a difference is someone’s life… or a cynical amusemen in torturing them with academics (down with the mathmeticians’ trade!! At least the ones here at my HS.)

As a final note I do realize this was addressed towards the Hollywood crowd of actors... as with politics anything related to television I guess I just don't keep up with enough. So I stray from commenting much on their attitudes but I suppose they come off quite arrogant. We have to remember, like the president, we put them into power. By putting out vote towards their popularity (buying albums and movies and such...) we are handing them an amount of power. Its ashame some don't use it wisely...

Smart or dumb isn't the entire point. They attack the president personally. Comparing him to Hitler etc. It's interesting to see and hear that they are so right(Michael Moore) and all of their education and training is in acting. They don't have experience in the miltary or foreign policy. It would be like the president & staff, going to Hollywood and telling them how to act and doing it publicly. They don't have to agree, they just need to tone it down a bit and cut the personal attacks. As far as liberals are concernned, here in IL we have a new governor. He's pretty far on the left. After seeing the classified information, he admits that it's a just war.

Good Guru

[quote author=FaeStars link=board=14;threadid=6653;start=0#62870 date=1048867813]
    we are handing them an amount of power. Its ashame some don't use it wisely...

[/quote]

Hehe, well put.