Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artists

Re:Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artist

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=14;threadid=6653;start=0#62521 date=1048296304]
    i must say i do agree with celebrities acting like they have the know-how and whatever to be spokes people.
    You agree with people standing up and saying that "Hey Im famous, I must be correct in my political views and you should all be behind me because my butt looks cute in a mini skirt?" Im surprised that Hanoi Jane Fonda hasnt come out of retirement.
    [/quote]

ah - no, that anyone thinks that an actors or artist or musian or scuplture or whatever has a more importnat voice than anyone else (including actors...).

it will never cease to amaze (or piss me off) how someone who really does not have to *work* for a living can get off acting like they have the moral high ground. as far as i am concerned my garbage man has just as good ideas as them, probably better. he gets up for work freaking early! i am sure many actors worked hard to get where they are they, but so does every almost one else.

of course that goes for celebrites on both the right and left. well, except peta, they have some quite inventive uses for certain spokes people. in fact i have a pam anderson poster from peta proudly, but discretely, displayed at work ;D

i already had my veggie buger (well 2 of them), i don't have a bunny to hug but if i did i would. i will happily hug my kids, cats and dogs instead.

Re:Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artist

Im with you about working man. I hold a garbage man in higher esteem than any politician, actor, sports figure, singer etc. I only resorted to the bunny hugger stuff because ascii blue was nice enough to call me conservative scum. It just aggravates me on how they do it. I consider it almost abuse of power. but oh well. such is life.

i took it as ASCI_Blue complianing about conservatives in general, not you in particular, because it seems to many 'liberals' like that is all conservatives can do. but as far as i am concerned there is nothing insulting about being a bunny hugger or being vegatarian, which i doubt most 'liberals' are. those are unselfish and even self sacrificing principals which i respect.

this whole 'conservative' and 'liberal' thing is bull anyway, most people have ideals that fall into both camps.

I hate politics for the most part. I myself am registered as Indepedant. The more I go through life however, the more I lean towards the republican side though (that can get me shot in my home state). Bunny hugging, well depends on whether she is in the bunny suit or not if u catch my drift
    . I believe in conservation of nature and resources, and desperately wish we could come up with something better than fossil fuels. I am also glad they decided to start re-introducing predators back into yellowstone. Wolves rock. Vegetarian--never could I do it. I love steaks way way way to much.

Like you and me, celebs have equal right to freedom of speech.

(faith would have it, I don't have equal right to express myself)

Start your own Linux/Liberal/ACLU web site. If your have read the entire postings you would have seen that I apoligized for coming over the top. If famous peeps want to voice an opinion on politics, then I think they should do it in a political forum not a music award show. Proper time and proper place.

how about http://www.lovechildslinuxliberals.com ?

ACLU ?

Would that be something specific to america, it rings a bell - but I can't quite place it...

Civil rights movement or something..

ACLU ?

Would that be something specific to america, it rings a bell - but I can't quite place it...

Civil rights movement or something

http://www.aclu.org/

Kind Mastermind

All I have to say is this:

If someone makes uneducated comments about this area, the US Military, what have you, that's fine. That's your right. But...I dare you to come to my house! If you do, you'll soon learn what it means to "suck rubber". I can't wait to leave here.

The middle east is one great big shit sandwich and I don't want to take a bite! They repatriated my family back to the states and it is lonely as hell here. Just one more wake up! That is, if I go to sleep! I'll be happy tomorrow night! Yippee!!! I'm going to be free!!!

nice to see ya stryder! and it is good to know your family is back in the states i am sure you miss them but i personally would feel safer if they were far and away out of harms way.