Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artists

Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artists

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Mar20.html
    Code:
    while other stars announced plans to wear peace sign pins, doves and even duct tape to protest the war in Iraq.
    Again, another rant brought to you by the wonderful world of Mountainman

Ask me why these Hollywood liberal commies push thier political views? If you are an actor, THEN FRIGGIN ACT! If you are a singer, FRIGGIN SING!! I dont pay for your albums to finance your political campains. If you want to live in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia then go ahead, but stay the hell outa politics! If you do happen to do something stupid like voicing your political rehtoric, then have the friggin sac to back up your statements ALEC BALDWIN....stoopid friggin commie liberals.... >

Thanks for your time...8)

Good Guru

Re:Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artist

Yeah these morons are rather tiring. At least back up your allegations/accusations with real data. ALEC BALDWIN. GEORGE CLOONEY.

Re:Stupid freaking social political hollywood thinking they are important artist

Why is it conservative scum piss and moan about opinions? Afterall isn't our's the land of the free? Or is it free if and only if you agree with the people running it?

[quote author=ASCI_Blue link=board=14;threadid=6653;start=0#62501 date=1048274327]
    Why is it conservative scum piss and moan about opinions? Afterall isn't our's the land of the free? Or is it free if and only if you agree with the people running it?
    [/quote]

if the people running it happen to be conservative.

I think most of the artists are full of hot air, but they have the right to voice their opinions. As more of a conservitive I have to acknowledge that they got where they are today by working (or at least hope they did) and respect their views even if I think they are totally off the wall or messed-up.

After all, someone could just as easily say 'What do you have to do with the war/peace/government Mountianman? Your a computer guy ... fix computers!'

i must say i do agree with celebrities acting like they have the know-how and whatever to be spokes people.

The bad part is that they really think that they matter. As if they have a real clue on foreign policy or middle America life. Strictly uneducated, all feelings, no thought, spew coming out of their pie holes.
    But.... they have a fricken forum. They can stand up on a stage amongst their peers and everybody, except for a few have a great time bashing the gov. or our country. Ever see some of the Iragis that are in the U.S. that fled Iraq? I know someone that defected.... The only question that I have is why we waited so long.... Hmmmm..... Bill Clinton?

[quote author=ASCI_Blue link=board=14;threadid=6653;start=0#62501 date=1048274327]
    [/quote]
    Lets not degrade to name calling bunny hugger. Eat your veggie burger like a good liberal. Ok, enough of that. It just pisses me off that these people get up there and think that just because they are famous gives them the intelligence to comment on foreign policy and government politics.
    i must say i do agree with celebrities acting like they have the know-how and whatever to be spokes people.
    You agree with people standing up and saying that "Hey Im famous, I must be correct in my political views and you should all be behind me because my butt looks cute in a mini skirt?" Im surprised that Hanoi Jane Fonda hasnt come out of retirement.

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=14;threadid=6653;start=0#62505 date=1048274958]
    I think most of the artists are full of hot air, but they have the right to voice their opinions. As more of a conservitive I have to acknowledge that they got where they are today by working (or at least hope they did) and respect their views even if I think they are totally off the wall or messed-up.

After all, someone could just as easily say 'What do you have to do with the war/peace/government Mountianman? Your a computer guy ... fix computers!'
    [/quote]
    And I would say that I am a Gov contractor, I deal with the Navy everyday. I also was employed by the Gov in the Navy. I have more first hand knowledge of politics and the real world overseas than most actors have seen in their lives. And that is how I contribute, I work on unix computers systems for the DDG's that are now bombing the piss out of Iraq.

I might have come off a little over the top, I dont disagree with them expressing thier opinions, I just dont pay them for that. If they want to stand on a stage and protest this or that or deliver an excrement on policy or how it should be handled, then stop acting/singing/lapdancing/whatever and go to school and get a friggin political degree. There are enough arm chair presidents around. If you want to speak as an official, them friggin become an official.