Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Need Java Mentor

Thread: Need Java Mentor

Need Java Mentor

For those who dont know, I was the recent victim of corporate restructuring, and I now enjoy the perils of frontline server monitoring.........but at least I have a job.

For now.

I was in the process of looking for a job that utilizes my PHP/MySQL skillset, but apparently they dont exist (the jobs that is). So now I have taken it upon myself to learn Java (after hearing that there is a lot of initiative to port PERL to Java).....now I need a mentor. Someone to IM and bother the hell out of with question after question.

This is all.

Re:Need Java Mentor

Or you could just buy a book and read it.. heh

Common dude, it isn't that hard to pick Java up if you know C++ and the syntax of C,C++, Java, JavaScript and PHP are all really similar... also if you're going to port Perl to Java, then you might as well know Perl and if you know Perl then why not check out http://jobs.perl.com ?

I already have the books, but knowing someone that knows the language well always helps

[quote author=coltrane link=board=9;threadid=6628;start=0#62858 date=1048837936]
    I already have the books, but knowing someone that knows the language well always helps
    [/quote]

I know a fair amount of Java. I don't know if I can answer all your questions but I can help somewhat