Thread: WineX 3.0

WineX 3.0

I know this is little late. It just came out about 3 days ago, but anyways. This version seems to work a lot better than the 2.2, along with eliminating that memory leak that it had before. Everything seems to run much much smoother than before. I just need to try out some more games. :P

Good Guru

Re:WineX 3.0

Do note that this is a pre-release and to operate it, you need to use the temporary (until stable is released) winex3 binary.

Seems stable to me. ;D

So far I've heard some games being a bit buggy, but I have yet to see that yet. Even though it's a pre-release, at least it allows to install beside winex 2.2 without overwriting it allowing you to use either.

Its faster and the best is Neverwinter works full speed from a windows partition ;D, but i havent tried to install it yet

Well it breaks Diablo2 and the scroll wheel from working in game. Basically it sucks

Mentor

Has anyone been able to get this via CVS. I've been trying and it tells me that module winex-3-0-pre-1 doesn't exist, yet the website says to get that module if you want to try the pre release.
    Cheers
    CP

from what i saw on the site, it said you had to be a registered paying person to dl it...didnt see anything about gettin it free from cvs...
    -CJ

Mentor

You can get the cvs for it. Its just that it might be broken, and there's no support for it. You have to pay to get the binaries of it, and then you can vote for games etc. I sorted it out in the end though.
    CP

Good Guru

[quote author=cj171 link=board=8;threadid=6599;start=0#62841 date=1048809040]
    from what i saw on the site, it said you had to be a registered paying person to dl it...didnt see anything about gettin it free from cvs...
    -CJ
    [/quote]

WineX CVS Tree

The live CVS Tree for TransGaming's WineX (minus copy protection related code, for now) is available through VA Linux's SourceForge website. You can play with it to your heart's content, you can watch the changes we make as we go, and you can participate in detailed development discussions on our mailing list. The only thing you can't do is redistribute it for any commercial purpose. WineX is licensed under the Aladdin Free Public License, which prohibits commercial use of TransGaming's work. If you wish to use WineX commercially, please contact our sales team to arrange for alternative licensing arrangements.

Note: we do not provide official support for users (subscribers or not) who wish to attempt to build WineX from source.

You can find the WineX SourceForge Project page here, and our live CVS repository here.

To join the WineX development mailing list (winex-devel), click here.

To view the winex-devel mailing list archives, click here.

To download the latest source code via CVS, use the following commands:

$ cvs -dserver:anonymous@cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex login
    Hit Enter when prompted for a password
    $ cvs -z3 -dserver:anonymous@cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex co wine

Mentor

If you're not that familiar with CVS, to get the 3.0 prerelease put -r winex-3-0-pre-1 at the end of the second command. It took me ages to work that out, and I'm not even certain thats right.
    CP