Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how do i open an sql file???

Thread: how do i open an sql file???

how do i open an sql file???

hi all,
    a friend of mine sent me a sql file - how does one open this?

Good Guru

Re:how do i open an sql file???

well. it is probably a CSV file, so any CSV compatible spreadsheet tool. Although if it is a dump of an MS SQL db, I am not positive. I would have to look that one up.

ms has sql?

ms does have sql. remember the worm that was spreading not that long ago using a lot of bandwidth? mssql at work.

.sql is a bunch of sql commands to create a database and put information in it. if you want to run it i think you can do: mysql -u root -p < foo.sql

then you can use sql to read from it. open it in a text editor to see the sql commands it runs.

ah - okay - thanks Gorn & Schotty

Good Guru

[quote author=pbharris link=board=2;threadid=6597;start=0#62031 date=1047755878]
    ms has sql?
    [/quote]

yeah, MS SQL Server 6.5 I used to work with. Its not great, but not that horrible, considering it is a MS product. But as Gorn said, its fucked from the start since it is laid on top of a crappy insecure NT or 2K. Everything else though is about mediocre to slightly better than okay.