hello, for me redhat put this in
[quote author=pjt link=board=2;threadid=6596;start=0#62017 date=1047730289]
Hi guys - i 've been messing around with RH8 for a few days and i've come up with a little list of things that i could do with some help on!
1) I've got the emu10k1 driver installed, but i have to do modprobe emu10k1 every time i start up to activate it. how do i automate this?
what trickster said should work too.
alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
hummsss.. i can only guess there is something afoot in ~/.xmms, i would try doing rm -rf ~/.xmms
2) Xmms seems to be broken - when i click sound and video --> audio player nothing happens, and when i type xmms in a terminal i get "segmentation fault". any ideas?
see tricksters response
3) A really simple one - how do i change my hostname? i'ts purely for aesthtic purposes, i'm not (and won't be) connected to the net or a network.
change your env for colors
4) Another easy one i think - how do i change the text colour for directories, executables etc in the terminal. some of the colors blend in with my background and i can't see what i'm doing!
here is mine
it would be export LS_COLORS=whatUwant in .bashrc
tas always, thank you all very much for your help. when i get a bit more experienced with linux i hope to be able to make a positive contribution to this site, rather than always asking for help!
5) finally, a slightly random one - for some reason mozilla has broken my usual user account. It will open, but i can't navigate outside of my home directroy (to /usr/share/doc/html for example). Every time i try to go up to / in the open file dialog, it crashes.
hummss... i would get a different verison of mozilla, or else back up your ~.mozilla directory and then do a rm -rf ~/.mozilla and fire up mozilla and see if t still happens.