Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dates

Dates

Ok well I have gone out on a couple of dates with this woman ;D
    And I was hoping you guys can post good date ideas. Like going here or there or whatever. Just to give me ideas. Also After how many dates have you usually kissed someone or have been kissed?

Kind Mastermind

Re:Dates

gmoreno...what does she like to do? Does she like things like craft shows? If so, take her to one, then go out for dinner afterward. Surprise her. Bring a picnic basket filled with her favorite foods to her house, clear her living room of furniture, spread out a blanket and have an indoor picnic. Be spontaneous. Women (I think) want to feel special. They want to know that the men in their lives listen to them and want to be involved in their lives. So try to go on dates to places or events that have significance for her. If she is into something, get into it too. Show her that you are willing and able to be involved in her life. Women tend to hate it when they feel that they are being shoe horned into the man's life.

Always have a sense of humor and a sense of adventure.

Cheers

yes that is very good advice. i was gonna say that dates that aren't typical are certainly more exciting and fun for the woman, and if you can incorporate her interests and such then it is even better. so...yeah there are a lot of things you could do. there is a category of kinda outdoorsy stuff like biking, rollerblading, ice skating...whatever...which is cool cuz ya get to be with your person when they are not necessarily in their most appealing state...so it helps you get to know a different side of them than the one that spent 2 hrs in front of a mirror before you picked her up for a movie or something.

kissing? my first kiss happened after dating a guy for 2 years. after that...i dunno, kissing just became easier and less awkward i guess...so for the most part it was maybe 3 months after i'd met the guy i think.

You know that indoor picnic sounds nice. I thought about doing and outdoor one but she is alergic to grass so that might not work out but the indoor one will. She has a roommate so I would have to figure out when she(the roommate) will be out.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=6592;start=0#61996 date=1047713826]
    You know that indoor picnic sounds nice. I thought about doing and outdoor one but she is alergic to grass so that might not work out but the indoor one will. She has a roommate so I would have to figure out when she(the roommate) will be out.
    [/quote]

If you want to gain some extra points, I suggest that you talk to the roommate and send her on a little trip. Pay for her to go to a resteraunt, a movie, or the mall while she is out of the apartment. When she gets back and your date is over, she will tell your roommate that you planned the whole thing. Big time points, bro.

Stryder, you are the man... that was an exellent suggestion.

Anyways, I'm a bit strange.. I'm not all that inventive when it comes to dating, since I really haven't done much of it ever. I never needed it, it just sorta happens, as does the kissing..
    When I absolutely have to go on a date I tend to pick thing I like, because I like to be honest - if she doesn't enjoy herself then she doesn't share my interests.. I like cooking so for me it's natural to invite a girl over for dinner (and possibiliy a movie or a walk in the nearby nature - we have one of the most beautiful protected environments just outside my door and it's prefect for star watching)

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=14;threadid=6592;start=0#62003 date=1047718024]
    [quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=6592;start=0#61996 date=1047713826]
    [/quote]

If you want to gain some extra points, I suggest that you talk to the roommate and send her on a little trip. Pay for her to go to a resteraunt, a movie, or the mall while she is out of the apartment. When she gets back and your date is over, she will tell your roommate that you planned the whole thing. Big time points, bro.
    [/quote]

Again, you are the man !!!

Good Guru

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6592;start=0#62005 date=1047718378]
    we have one of the most beautiful protected environments just outside my door and it's prefect for star watching)
    [/quote]

Star gazing ... been a while for me. Gotta drive 45 minutes to get away from the city lights. Between the downtown Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha just polluting the sky with light, I now am forced to go west (wasteland) past Waukesha to get a view. But cant go as far as Madison.

References:

Milwaukee to :

Kenosha : ~30 mi and south of me
    Racine : at most 20 mi and south of me
    Madison : ~75 mi and west of me.
    Lake Michigan : 2 blocks east of me ;D

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6592;start=0#62006 date=1047718451]
    [quote author=stryder144 link=board=14;threadid=6592;start=0#62003 date=1047718024]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Again, you are the man !!!
    [/quote]

Why, thank you! Just giving advice I wish that I had had when I was single. Of course, I have to keep coming up with inventive ways to date my wife, which isn't easy some times.

Cheers

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6592;start=0#62005 date=1047718378]
    Stryder, you are the man... that was an exellent suggestion.

Anyways, I'm a bit strange.. I'm not all that inventive when it comes to dating, since I really haven't done much of it ever. I never needed it, it just sorta happens, as does the kissing..
    When I absolutely have to go on a date I tend to pick thing I like, because I like to be honest - if she doesn't enjoy herself then she doesn't share my interests.. I like cooking so for me it's natural to invite a girl over for dinner (and possibiliy a movie or a walk in the nearby nature - we have one of the most beautiful protected environments just outside my door and it's prefect for star watching)
    [/quote]
    You can take her to Lovechild's house! ;D