Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

AC'97 - Red hat?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC'97 - Red hat?

teknik0s

AC'97 - Red hat?

I havent looked on google or anything yet.. i know i should and i am.. but i have red hat.. (and it did this with slackware) its not loading my sound card. when i start KDE it gives me some error telling me my sampling rate is too high and its going to use the null rate. when i get messages on gaim it just makes a BEEP. anyone know anything about how to get this work?

Re:AC'97 - Red hat?

i had no troubles with ac97 on my rh install.
    did you compile your own kernel?
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

teknik0s

Nope.. havent got around to that yet. I'm running rh 7.3 just installed today. i think im going to compile soon .. would it help you think?? also.. if yours did install good... can u tell me what driver it uses.. im not good at this.. but do something along the lines of "lsmod" ? Skynet had my sound working on slackware when i ran it, but i cant remember what driver we used.

heres my error message...

Sound server informational message:
    Error while initializing the sound driver:
    can't set requested samplingrate (requested rate 44100, got rate 16080)
    The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

i also have another sound card that i could install.. an old creative labs 16bit one.. think it would work better than the onboard AC97 too?

yes
    you could try for a 'locate ac97.o' (thats the module name, which you install with lsmod)
    anyway.... _anythng_ is better than ac97 :P :P
    aparantly sb16s are great on linux

teknik0s

i810_audio 23008 0 (autoclean)
    ac97_codec 11904 0 (autoclean) [i810_audio]
    soundcore 6692 2 (autoclean) [i810_audio]

thats output of lsmod... well the audio parts.. now what? heh i forget. i did modprobe ac87.. but that didnt do anything.. i need to know how to remove that. .. waaaaaaaaaaa i just want sound.

try rmmod i810_audio to get rid of the other audio driver

teknik0s

tried that.. it worked but i still have no sound... :/

teknik0s

wait i think i fixed it.. i set the sampling rate in sound server control panel... *testtiong*

teknik0s

now the error doesnt pop up but i still dont have sound.. odd... what now ? when i go to KDE control panel it says it canrt find any nfo on my sound card

can you still hear the test sound through your speakers?