Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mozilla 1.3 is out

Thread: Mozilla 1.3 is out

Mentor

Mozilla 1.3 is out

* Mozilla Mail has junk-mail classification. With some initial "training" the client can identify and segregate spam messages from good messages. To see more about Mozilla's junk-mail classification, visit the Mozilla Spam Filtering page.
    * Newsgroup filters have been implemented.
    * An initial implementation of Mozilla Midas, rich text editing controls, has landed in Mozilla for 1.3. See the Midas page for more information.
    * Image auto sizing allows a user to toggle between full-sized images and images sized to fit the browser window. To give it a try, load a large image into the browser window or size the window to be much smaller. Now clicking on the image will alternate between auto-sized and full-sized. The feature can be disabled (or enabled) from the Appearance panel in Preferences.
    * Users can now "dynamically" switch profiles. To give it a try, from the tools menu select "Switch Profile..."
    * Find as you type, formerly known as type ahead find, has a new preferences panel (Advanced: Keyboard Navigation).
    * When installed, Chatzilla now has a normal Mozilla preferences panel.
    * Mozilla 1.3 also includes fixes for performance, standards compliance and site compatibility.
    http://www.mozilla.org

Re:Mozilla 1.3 is out

Cool, thanks.
    I like Mozilla.

Guess its time to stop using Mozilla 1.0 ...

Mozilla is just so much better than IE. If only all those M$ brainwashed people knew. :P

I'm not M$ brainwashed, but I think IE is the best browser I've used, next would be Konqueror and Phoenix. It's the best because it shows webpages the best, maybe because it holds the standards? thats what I think I heard someone say. But still, if I want to view a webpage at its best I gotta use IE, so maybe when that changes and other browsers show webpages the same as IE does, then I'll reconsider the best browser award. :

Mentor

[quote author=BurntAsh link=board=19;threadid=6578;start=#61937 date=1047658527]
    I'm not M$ brainwashed, but I think IE is the best browser I've used, next would be Konqueror and Phoenix. It's the best because it shows webpages the best, maybe because it holds the standards? thats what I think I heard someone say. But still, if I want to view a webpage at its best I gotta use IE, so maybe when that changes and other browsers show webpages the same as IE does, then I'll reconsider the best browser award. :
    [/quote]

Quite the opposite. IE does not follow standards at all. However, most web developers follow these non-standards and test their web pages with IE only. So browsers that follow all the standards but do not understand IE's non-standards might display the page incorrectly, but you can't say it's those browsers' fault. M$ should stick to open standards, but that will be the day ...

[quote author=cloverm link=board=19;threadid=6578;start=0#61941 date=1047659806]

Quite the opposite. IE does not follow standards at all. However, most web developers follow these non-standards and test their web pages with IE only. So browsers that follow all the standards but do not understand IE's non-standards might display the page incorrectly, but you can't say it's those browsers' fault. M$ should stick to open standards, but that will be the day ...
    [/quote]

Everyone caters to the 900 lb gorilla, no matter how unreasonable his request. If you don't, he snuffs you out of the market.

This is cool about moz though...I'd like to see how this "training" for spam works. Might be just what we need.

Good Guru

[quote author=BurntAsh link=board=19;threadid=6578;start=0#61937 date=1047658527]
    But still, if I want to view a webpage at its best I gotta use IE, so maybe when that changes and other browsers show webpages the same as IE does, then I'll reconsider the best browser award. :
    [/quote]

Its not valid HTML. Its shit code created by FrontPage for IE only. Anyone who cant generate a page that works correctly in ANY browser will not get my traffic and/or money. That is what is going to change it.