Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

IBM's Package Management Using Stow

Thread: IBM's Package Management Using Stow

IBM's Package Management Using Stow

Written in Perl and easy to install and use, Stow is simple yet effective for organizing and managing various software installations on a Linux box. Stow is handy for arranging different software packages in a well-organized directory tree structure. This not only helps keep files that belong to a particular software package separate from others, but also gives users the freedom to store or install the software package at any desired location while making the software appear to be installed at the location required by the software package or the OS.
    Looks like there will be another addition to LSI.

Read it here.

Associate

Re:IBM's Package Management Using Stow

I've been using GNUstow for months since I discovered it in debian, works excellent, makes installing and uninstalling multiple versions of software quick and simple. I have to give it two thumbs up.

When I saw this I thought of Ash

It'd be really nice to get a standard installer. Probably not gonna happen, but still it'd be nice....