Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Can ipods play oggs?

Thread: Can ipods play oggs?

Hybrid View

Can ipods play oggs?

Does anybody know if there's a hack somewhere to allow ipods play oggs? I don't have an ipod, but if I were to buy an ipod, I'd like it to play oggs. Plus I would think that it wouldn't be hard to add some software in ipod to make it play oggs. Is there any reason that an ipod would not be able to play oggs?

Re:Can ipods play oggs?

Not to my knowledge.

The lastest Ogg Trafic talks about a deal to make an upcoming portable media player Ogg comp.

Also I doubt that Apple would allow anyone to mess with their nifty DSP unit without signing a nasty NDA.

Advisor

Re:Can ipods play oggs?

The closest I've heard yet is getting Linux to run on an ipod, check out http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,57565,00.html for more info.

Leach has added the capability of running Mad, a media player that supports Ogg Vorbis, a free and open file format for digital music. However, the Linux iPod can't play Ogg files in real time.
    I would think that in time this would improve, but as of right now, it seems the short answer is no.